10 Ways to Live Green Today
Living green has many benefits. It’s healthier, saves money, protects the environment, and more. It’s not hard to do either. You can start living green today actually. To get started, implement these ways to live green.
- Keep shoes outside. People bring contaminants into homes every time they wear their shoes inside. Remove your shoes before you step into your house. Consider a storage system for your shoes and place one outside of your door.
- Use cold water to wash clothes. Cold water doesn’t use as much energy because the water doesn’t have to be heated.
- Use vinegar has a cleaning agent. You can use it in your coffeemaker, on hardwood floors, and in the washing machine.
- Shut down your computer. People who shut down their computer at the end of the day can save as much as $90 a year.
- Replace an old showerhead. Older showerheads can use three gallons or more of water per minute. The newer models only use two or less gallons a minute.
- Install a carbon monoxide detector. Carbon monoxide can’t be seen or smelled, and it can kill you and your family. By installing a carbon monoxide detector, you will be able to detect any leaks before they harm anyone in your home.
- Vacuum your home. Carpet collects toxins and leads to dust mites and other allergens. Vacuum your home regularly to remove them.
- Consider solar panels. Solar energy can save you a lot of money, and it’s better for the environment. Costs are much lower these days for solar panels, and the savings will pay for them quickly.
- Dust your home with a damp rag. Chemicals in cleaning agents can be harmful to your health. A damp rag can be just as effective and it’s non-toxic.
- Fill your car tires. Low tire pressure can reduce gas mileage. You can save on gas by checking the recommended air pressure for your tires.